Thursday, May 8, 2008

Quite Contrary

Some time last year when it was too hot to plant anything (but just the right temperature to grow lots and lots of weeds), I decided to pull up the weeds (and dead shrubs), lay down some tarp, and cover it with mulch.

I patiently waited for springtime to come so I could plant something. I planted the petunias my husband got me.


Y'all. they are the most dramatic little plants EVER. (please read with a whiny voice) "We need sun. We need water. We need to be talked to. You should have planted us over there. Look how her garden is growing."
I swear they are like a bunch of needy teenagers that are pissed off because I'm not making enough food for them or giving them appropriate living quarters. They are sulking as we speak. Literally sulking. Look at those pouts...


7 comments:

emily said...

Have you thought about seeking therapy for plants whining to you?

PS I heard you have a good fajita recipe... only fair you share :)

rebekca said...

I suppose I could bring it up at my appointment tomorrow ;)

Yes. I have infamous fajitas. I may post the recipe some day. I need to check with my sources and foodnetwork first. I could be on to something.

Cheri (aka "The Mom Lady") said...

Hmmm, looks like they're gasping for breath, not whining - but perhaps it's the angle? Seeing as how I'm a person who can kill a silk plant, I should be careful about any gardening diagnosis...throwing rocks and glass houses and all that you know. :)

I know the recipe - na, na, na, na, na na!!! (fajita one that is....)

Perhaps we should have recipe blog day - I have a KILLER Italian cheesecake recipe (from a REAL Italian!) that is not so hard to make!

Anonymous said...

The fajitas are yummy. I can attest.

Anywho - I am cracking up about your whiney plants.
I have a three year old that sounds just like them.

Mommy said...

This is the prime reason that I leave all outside planting to my husband. I deal with enough whining - I don't need to hear it from the flippin' plants, too!

I like fajitas.....

Jessica said...

Ungrateful little...

Bring on the fajitas!!

Megan said...

Funny funny funny!

I can so relate. I have a knack for killing any type of indoor plant there is. All the decorating shows say no fake plants, but surely fake plants are better than all the withering and dead plants around my house.