Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"Oh, That. I Had A Situation."

On my way to school tonight, my husband called me on my cell phone to ask what in the heck happened in our bathroom.

You see today, when all three of my kids were sleeping, I thought it was the oportune time for me to take a bath. So I started to fill the tub and figured I'd go put a load in the laundry. After I put the laundry in, I decided that I would boil some carrots to go along with the dinner I made the family- they gotta have a vegetable, right? Then I thought, well I better tidy up a bit before Sebastian gets home because I don't like him walking into a dirty house.

During my clean-up session, I found a partially eaten apple.

And another apple.

I went to the fridge and found 3 more apples- none of which were completely eaten and they were all Sebi's doing. So (obviously) I had to arrange them on a platter to take a picture for the blog.

About this time, I wander to the back of the house (and I really don't think I would have had not the animals started showing up two-by-two at my doorstep). I am being a bit fascicious at this point...

I can hear water running. Hmmmm... That's funny.

Wait.
(I'm running now.)


The bathtub is overflowing. Nevermind that. There is a good 2 inches of water rising in my bathroom. Now I'm pretty sure that people would pay good money to see a little mexican frantically trying to remedy this situation. Though the thought did enter my mind to go and grab the camera, somehow *thankfully*, the need to salvage the carpet in my bedroom outweighed that thought process.

I did what I could. I reached into that tub overflowing with water and unplugged the drain. I grabbed every towel available to sop up water. I needed more ammunition. I grabbed comforters, blankets, I believe a onesie was used to get some water behind the toilet.....you really have no idea how bad this was. Once every cloth article was completely soaked, I dumped it back into the tub- it was the biggest container I had on hand at the moment.

Since the ground was pretty much drenched and then wiped dry, that bathroom floor looks like a million bucks now.


Oh, and how 'bout them apples?





This is about half way through my "sop-up" session. You can only imagine what Sebastian saw (and must have thought) when he pulled the shower curtain back.
That man has no idea what goes on around here when he's gone...

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm (as usual) laughing hysterically!! How relaxing that must have been for you. I love it when I create extra work for myself.

emily said...

OK, that is probably the funniest thing I have read in a long time. And what makes it so funny is that while I haven't done it with the water running (because I haven't had time to clean the tub... whole other story) - I, on a daily basis start something and end up somewhere else in the house, with NO idea what I was trying to do but knowing something was left undone.

I love your blog and your kids are GORGEOUS!

Megan said...

Oh Becky, you must have been so frusterated! I am assuming you never got that bath. :( I hope your next attempt goes a little more smoothly. I enjoyed reading your post!

Cheri (aka "The Mom Lady") said...

Ah, you are suffering from the highly infectious malady commonly to women everywhere and known as "But first..." I have it too - there IS no cure! Frankly, it's the only way we get things done and if we want a bath, we have to go to a hotel for it - without the kids! ha! (yea, right, I hear you say...)

Back when the kids were little I started an exercise program (I can hear the audible gasps coming from Megan and Jennifer) and as a "reward" for actually working up a sweat, Mike would watch the kids so I could soak in the big pink (yes, pink - we were in England and at the mercy of their unusual bathroom "colour" choices) bathtub...with CANDLES! Now this is where I realized I was getting desperate - lovely bubble bath, candles, sipping a cool drink..and did I want to share this seemingly romantic atmosphere, experience, with my husband!? NO WAY!!!! I wanted it ALL TO MYSELF!!

We moved to Norway, I got out of my exercise routine, I got fat again...ah, but the memories of those baths will live forever....

Cheri (aka "The Mom Lady") said...

Oh, also, loved the apples. We moved every few years until about, oh, 18 months ago (!!) and everytime the movers came and removed our couch, there seemed to always be a bottle of rubberized, congealed milk underneath. I found a pacifier in one of my craft kits the other day - and my "baby" will be 25 this month! I think you should have that apple picture framed and hung on the wall in your kitchen - it's fantastic!

Hilary Morse said...

Okay so now I don't feel so bad....ha ha. I am glad that I am not the only one this crazy stuff happens too.